Under the guidance of Lawrence Tudawe , members of the Tudawe family to donate the Parental House and Prioperty of Tudawe Family situated lonely at Thalpitiya donated to the Buddhists Organisation called Samastha Lanka Bauddha Maha Sammelanaya (All Ceylon Buddhists Congress) in Colombo.It is the foundation of the establisment of Tudawe children home.
Tudawe children home has been started with 11 children who has been neglected and orphaned around Wadduwa area in 9’th, of June 1988 by donating property to All Ceylon Buddhists Congress. It has been registered under…. in 01’st of June 1989. The first matron was Miss. Yasawathi Jayawardhana. Since 1988 it has been a shelter to nearly 111 girls. most of them are now live with a good position in society.
The children’s home is controlled by a board of governors and the children are assigned to the home by the Department of Probation and Child Care Services.
- 1’st matron : Miss Yasawathi Jayawardhana
|The first Board of trustee were as fallows (1888),|
||Committee Members –